How do I use the map tools?
Moving around the map
- You can pan around the map by clicking and dragging anywhere on the map.
Use the zoom buttons (+ and -) in the top left corner to zoom in and out of the map.
Understanding the toolbar
There is a toolbar at the bottom of the map. You can see the name of each tool by hovering the mouse over the icon.
The "Draw a polygon" tool will change depending on what you are doing on the map.
- If you are drawing the boundaries of your project, it will draw a polygon on the map.
- If you are adding a trapline, it will let you draw a line rather than a polygon.
- If you are adding a trap it will let you add a dot.
Drawing a shape on the map
- To start drawing a shape on the map, click on the polygon tool to activate it (you will see the blue around the icon get slightly darker).
- With the polygon tool active, click on the corners of the area that you want to manage. This will define the boundaries of your trapping project.
- On the last corner, double-click to finish the drawing. The outline of the shape will complete and change to green.