Adding installation records
In order to add a record to an installation, you need to have the correct permissions.
Adding records to a single installation
You can add a record to an installation using the Trap.NZ app. If you wish to add a record using the website:
Select the installation you want to add a record to (from one of your project maps, or the lists of installations in the respective sections of your project).
If selecting from a map, click first on the icon for the installation, then click on the link that appears in red font.
- The page for that installation will load, showing the installation on a map, some information about it, and a table of records (if any) below the map.
- Click the green "Add a new (trap/bait station/monitoring) record" button, which will be to the right or below the map, depending on your screen size.
- The form to create a record for that installation will load.
Enter in the details for this record. The starred fields are mandatory, the other fields are optional.
Click the green "Save" button when you are done.
The page for the updated installation will be displayed, and the record you created will be shown at the top of the table under the map.
Adding records to multiple installations
You can use the Add catches page to quickly update multiple traps, as below. This method allows only one record per installation per day, so if you want to add multiple records on one day to an installation, use a different method. Similar instructions will also work for updating multiple stations.
- Set the date for the updates you want to make.
- (optional) If you only want to update some installations in your project, you can filter the installations by specifying a line, tags, or trap type
e.g. only show DOC250 traps on the Southern circuit line
- (optional) In the grey box, you can select default record values.
e.g. all traps caught a rat and were rebaited with cheese
- Click "Apply" and you will see a table appear showing the traps and default information you specified.