Camera trap recording and reporting including AI
Projects using motion-triggered cameras (‘camera traps’) can use the Trap.NZ’s camera trap functions to load and tag images, optionally using image recognition software (AI, artificial intelligence) for assist in detecting species.
In order to load and tag images, you will need to create a monitoring station with a type “Camera” for each of your camera traps. A Camera station will have a button to allow the uploading of images.
The new AI identification option allows members to upload and tag captured images to your trap.nz project easily.
1. Select the camera on your trap.nz project you are wanting to add images to.
4. Your images will display ready for uploading. If the date/time shown is incorrect you can alter these settings here
6. If you choose to match it with the Artificial intelligence software, the chip icon appears when it has matched.
8. You can either use the mouse or the keyboard arrow keys to navigate the images. This allows you to easily edit the results
9. To run reports from the Camera images, select the monitoring tab, manage records, manage camera images, and select the filters you would like to use