Joining an existing project
Hopefully, there is an existing project close to the area you are interested in trapping. In this case, we recommend that you contact the project administrator(s) to see if you can get involved.
- Go to the "Find projects" page, accessible from the "Find projects" link on the menu bar along the top of the site.
- If you already know the name of the project you want to join you can use the "Find project by name" text box to search specifically for it.
- Use the map controls to zoom into your desired project area
- The +/- icons in the top left corner of the map can be used to zoom
- You can pan around the map by clicking and dragging anywhere on the map
- The <-> icon in the top right of the map can be used to make the map full screen
- You can escape fullscreen mode by pressing the X icon in the top right of the map
- If you find a blue marker close to your project location
- Click on the marker and a popup with the name of the project will appear
- Click on the name of the project to see details about the project
- If it looks like the project is close to the area you are interested in, you can click "Request to join the project" to contact the project administrator(s).
- Type a few words about your interest in the project and why you would like to join, then click the "Send Request" button.
- If a project administrator approves your request, you will receive an email welcoming you to the project, and the project will appear in your "My projects" list.